Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Etsy Explosion: Game of Thrones

Game of Thrones is an awesome TV show that's on HBO. If you haven't seen it yet, close your browser and go watch it immediately. It's based off of the fantasy epics the Song of Fire and Ice by George RR Martin, and they are some of the best, most comprehensive character Fantasy I have ever read. The TV show has taken the pop culture world by storm, so naturally Etsy is chock full of awesome Game of Thrones stuff. I've collected the best for you in this week's Etsy Explosion!



1. When I first saw the image of this tanktop on pinterest, I went into a total frenzy trying to find it on the internets. Naturally, I found it on Etsy, and I am chomping at the bit until I can afford to get it. It's an urban take on the Stark siblings - with Jon as an afterthought at the very bottom. I NEED THIS TANKTOP, and any other fashionable GoT fan needs one as well (they come in boy sizes, too!)
2. Display your badass side with a subtle bracelet that reads "Khaleesi".
3. Even though they are kind of dicks, I am really partial to House Greyjoy's insignia (it may have something to do with my cephalopod obsession...) This House Greyjoy banner proudly displays their tentacley insignia along with the Greyjoy's motto: "We Do Not Sow"
4. This STUPIDLY ADORABLE print reads "you're the direwolf to my Stark". AWWW.
5. I first laid eyes on this Disney inspired image of Daenerys at the Hey Geek Girl! art gallery opening, curated by my dear friend Bonnie Burton. I am more than thrilled to now see it on a super adorable, super fashionable tanktop!
6. I'm a firm believer than one can never have too many totebags (this especially rings true to me as Seattle has recently outlawed plastic grocery bags!), so why not have fashionable AND geeky tote bags? This one certainly takes the cake, as it reads "The Night is Dark and Full of Terrors", a famous line from Game of Thrones.
7. If you change iPhone cases as much as I do, you know they are an important fashion accessory. Show off your Game of Thrones love with this rad case that features the map from the Song of Fire and Ice Books.
8. This delightfully geeky but still fashionable pendant necklace reads "valar morghulis". It is based off of the coin that Jaqen gifts to Arya if she needs to call him from Braavos.



17 comments:

  1. I totally love #2 - I would absolutely wear this out.
    I must say, I adore your blog - great layout, colour scheme and title - totally adorable <3

    xoxo Bree
    The Urban Umbrella

    http://www.theurbanumbrella.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the Necklace :)
    i´m a new Follower

    Lovely Greetings from Austria ♡

    ReplyDelete
  3. OH MY GOD... I need the stark siblings tanktop!! I'm a massive GoT nerd, seriously addicted & when I have my student loan it likely that I'll buy all of these things (minus the iphone cover... because I have a stupid shitberry -sadface-)

    Thanks so much for linking me into your blog! Over the moon after reading this post!
    xxx

    www.littleboblab.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for,commenting on my blog! It is much appreciated! I love game of,thrones thus love this post! I am also loving your blog! I am your newest follower! Would you consider following back?

    :) Chelsey
    industrialdimestoremagic.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
  5. Must have Disney Daenarys! I have to tell you, I don't normally follow fashion blogs because I'm mainly a beauty product gal, but your blog is so refreshingly geeky and your outfits are so awesome that I HAD to follow!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, thank you so much! That means a lot. ^_^ I am actually going to be doing beauty posts VERY soon, as I'm slowly but surely becoming a makeup junkie. Perhaps you can give me tips sometime!

      Delete
    2. Would you share makeup for what you do for cosplaying? There are some really amazing looks that get done and I'm always in awe!

      Delete
  6. everything looks amazing! the pendant necklace is so gorgeous :) i love this post and your blog too, such a great read :) XO

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for stopping by my blog! ;) I love the #5 Tank Top....I must add it to my want list. I will make sure to stop back by since I am extreemly fashion challenged, maybe you can help me become a better dressed geek!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've heard so much about Game of Thrones! I think I need to pick this book the next time I'm in the book store :D I can't wait, it sounds very different from the typical stories. Etsy always have really great things :)
    -nyuu | lolitium.net

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YES, go pick up the book YESTERDAY. You won't regret it.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...